Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ron Sachs' Presentation

I found Mr. Sachs’ presentation to be thought provoking and an inspiration for all. He not only touched on our professional life he dove into the overall life of a graduating senior. My first impression of him was that he was a very thorough man. He knew his stuff and was great at capturing his audience and holding on to their attention. One of his key points that really stuck out to me was his Ron’s Rules. He told us to 1. Respect ourselves, 2. Utilize Our Tools and, 3. Maintain Integrity. Although his tools seemed basic, they were relevant to the future of all of us in class.
I wanted Mr. Sachs’ to talk more about what services they offer at his company. When I reviewed his website I was interested in the client list that they had and the innovative ideas that they came up with. His overall presentation was amazing I think if we had more time to ask him questions it would have made the experience better. However, Mr. Sachs managed his time very well and I was also intrigued by his public speaking skills. He was able to communicate to us on a father, friend, mentor level all at once.
Mr. Sachs’ gave us a plethora of skills we should maintain in the working world. One that I really liked was when he told us not to be clock watchers. He said that a person that comes in right on time and leaves right on time is not impressive. Punctuality was something that he continuously talked about. I do believe that my generation does not pay attention to time because we simply don’t care but that is something that can set us apart and give us that leg up within the company. I am applying this to my internship when it comes to deadlines. I know that by doing this it will make me stand out and it shows that I have initiative and that I want to make myself known.

No comments:

Post a Comment